Saucony SMH Half Marathon Social Media Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on and instructions on how to participate in this promotion form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010(Cth).
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over. Employees and officers (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences on 13/05/2017 and ends at 11.59pm on 19/05/2017 (“Promotional Period”).
4. The 4x prize winners will be notified through the social media channel through which they have entered, by 5:00pm AEST 20 May 2017.
5. To enter, during the Promotional Period, claimants must publish a post on social media using the hashtag #findyourstrongsyd and tag @SauconyAU that:
i. Is unique to the user ie. not plagiarised; and
ii. Depicts a photo of old worn-out running shoes; and
iii. Is published via Facebook or Instagram.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including the claimants’ identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who the Promoter believes has submitted a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or has tampered with the claim process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Entries must be received during the Promotional Period and each entrant may enter as many times as they like. Entrants are encouraged to submit different posts rather than repeatedly entering the same post or creating different social media accounts to repeatedly enter. Each entry must be submitted separately to constitute an individual entry.
9. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are published on social media. The Promoter will use the timestamp available on social media channels to determine entry time and date.
10. Entries that contain prohibited or inappropriate content, or that are otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, will be deemed invalid and the entrant will not be eligible to win.
11. The four entries judged to be the best from all entries received during the Promotional Period will receive a pair of the new Saucony The Ride 10 running shoes, valued at $200 AUD each.
12. Unless otherwise agreed, prizes will be sent to the winners’ Australian residential addresses, which will be confirmed by the winner once contacted by Saucony through the social media channel in which they have entered.
13. Once the prizes have left the Promoter’s/supplier’s premises, the Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with the promotion will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, loss or damage to that prize. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. In the event for any reason a winner does not take the prize when specified by the Promoter, then the winner will forfeit the prize and cash will not be supplied in lieu of the prize. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the prize for a prize of equal or higher value and/or specifications, as determined by the Promoter.
14. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the social media channel through which you have entered. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram and claimants completely release Facebook and Instagram and Pinterest from any and all liability in connection with this promotion.
15. As a condition of receiving the prize, the prize winner consents to the Promoter using their name and entry in promotional material in any medium worldwide.
16. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees and accepts their entry may be used for promotional purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant in any medium worldwide
17. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (including but not limited to by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures) the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to terminate, modify, cancel or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, as appropriate.
18. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the claimant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically enter their details and claim repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that claimant invalid.
19. If a claim is deemed by the Promoter not to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the claim will be discarded and the claimant will not receive a communication in this regard. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
21. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any correspondence that is late, lost, altered, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;(including but not limited to entrant error or omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption or communications failure); or (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant.
22. The Promoter is Saucony, c/o Brand New Solutions, 35 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW 2022. ABN: 64 102 664 291